Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The First One

So, I found the first one today. Most of you know me pretty darn well. You know that I don't stare at myself for hours in the mirror. In fact, if I didn't have to look at myself in the mirror, I probably wouldn't. So, I stepped out of the shower. All of my hair is soaking wet stuck to my head except for one piece of short grey hair sticking straight up on the top of my head. I was NOT happy about that. I considered pulling it out, but instantly thought of the little saying about plucking one and two growing in it's place. Fortunately, I have a part on the side of my head that covers it up and I can't find it when my hair is semi-dry and combed (because all of you know that I NEVER actually dry my hair).

I was surprised that my response was not more dramatic than it was, honestly. I didn't start crying. I didn't call my best friend, Lynnae, or anyone else. I did call Sarah and told her about my first grey hair, but that was not the purpose of my call. I did, however, go to Maggie Moo's and got my most favorite kind of ice cream, chocolate ice cream with peanut butter sauce and Reese's peanut butter cups......YUM YUM!!!!

No comments: