Tuesday, October 21, 2008

ER Stories from the Hospital

We had a couple of patients come in tonight with some interesting symptoms. The first one was a 42 year old male, Daniel. He complained of not having a bowel movement in 9 days and stomach pains. He continued to tell me that he had drunk a gallon of apple cider, a quart of prune juice, and given himself an enema last night and that the only result that he has had is "the squirts" (thank you for sharing). He said the enema box said that if the enema didn't work that he should see a doctor. Well, this man did not have insurance, so he did not think he was able to see a doctor. I felt really bad for him, and tried really hard not to laugh when he was telling me everything he had done to help relieve his constipation. I know it was not funny, but the man also had a lisp and I wondered if he was gay. The poor guy....I hope I never have that problem.

Then there was a little boy who came in with his parents right before I left. Apparently he had gotten into the super glue drawer. He had super glue on his hands and then proceeded to get it in his eye.....smart. He only looked like he was about 3 or 4, so I really don't blame him.

WORD TO THE WISE AND NOT SO WISE PARENTS: SUPER GLUE IS NOT A CHILD'S TOY. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT PLAY WITH SUPER GLUE.

No comments: