Thursday, September 10, 2009

School Fool

Yep, I'm in school again. I'm going to Lansing Community College this semester, and taking two classes, Medical Terminology and Health Unit Coordinator. The Health Unit Coordinator course starts on Thursday, September 17th. It's been nice to only have 1 class the last 2 weeks. It's helped me get back into the swing of things with school. So far I have really enjoyed my Medical Terminology class. I don't really care for the teacher (she's kind of a ditz, deaf, and doesn't talk loud enough for the class to hear here), but I do like the book and learning new things. Upon passing these two courses, I will obtain a Health Unit Coordinator Certificate (9 credits). I am also wanting to get Certificates in Medical Insurance Billing and Coding (17 credits), Medical Transcription (19 credits), and Medical Office Administration (33 credits). Lucky for me, there are some classes that are required for multiple certificates, so I don't have to take the full 78 credits. I'll only end up having to take 61 credits to complete all 4 certificates. I'm pretty excited to be completing something that will hopefully get me a job....a real job, that is. I haven't decided what I will be taking next semester, but it will probably be Medical Insurance Billing/Coding I and something else. I'll just have to see what will work with my schedule. Hope all the kiddies are enjoying school. If they start complaining, just let them know that Aunt Robyn (or Robyn if you're not family) is in school too.

No comments: