Thursday, April 16, 2009

New Job For Robyn

Well, for those of you who don't know, I am no longer working at the hospital as a Medical Receptionist. My last day was February 23rd. I started sending resumes out to anything I thought I was qualified for and even to things that might be a stretch. I started with a small radius of just around the Lansing area. I quickly broadened my search to include Grand Rapids (big city to the West), Detroit (big city to the East), Traverse City (medium city to the North), and the Indiana border. I was "willing" to travel 3 hours to get to work. Luckily, I received a job offer in St. Johns, MI which is only 20.1 miles from where I live. It takes me about 25 minutes to get there.....longer than my job in Charlotte, but still reasonable. So, I started working at a counseling service on April 2nd. This place does individual counseling such as couples therapy. We also have probationed and paroled clients come in for drug and alcohol tests. I never thought I would have a job watching someone pee in a cup or almost pass out from breathing into a breathalyzer machine. It's definitely a learning experience.

Let's just say the pay stinks, there are no benefits, and I'm looking for something else. I'm thankful to have income; however, this job, unfortunately, will not pay my bills. I am still working for Paula, the Lia Sophia lady, part-time. I had to quit my cleaning job though to take this full-time job in St. Johns. Here's hoping I'll find something that will pay all of my bills.

No comments: